Motivational Speaker L.A. Chandlar
Laurie has lectured and led workshops nationally for a wide variety of audiences including executives, students, social entrepreneurs, historical societies, and U.N. Diplomats.
Lecture and Workshop Topics
Borrowing key principles from her acclaimed Fight to Keep Creativity Alive series, and years of research into the nature and psychology of human creativity, Laurie can engage a wide variety of audiences on the important and often misunderstood topic of creativity. From a compelling lecture, to a hands on workshop, to an afternoon mini creativity bootcamp, Laurie can entertain, inspire and leave audiences with practical steps to start an extraordinary journey to explore creativity more fully.
- Demystifying Creativity Personally (60 minutes): An intriguing look at the psychology of creativity and a debunking of the myths surrounding it. Are we all creative or just some of us? How do we make it work when life is complicated? How do we navigate the urgent vs. the important? Why is it important if we don’t have a creative career?
- Demystifying Creativity in the Workplace (60 minutes): A thoughtful and realistic look at how creativity usually works in the office, and how it could be. Once it’s understood, figure out its powerful potential. Why is creativity a top character quality of CEOs yet 75% of people feel they are not living up to their creative potential? Revealingly, discover why 70% of employees feel disengaged and how it is all related to our search for creativity.
- Demystifying Creativity Overview (75 minutes): A combination of the above two lectures.
- Creativity Bootcamp (75 minutes): A hands-on time to apply and consider the above seminars with a generative way of impacting the community through this innovative time of application.
New York City Historical Lectures
For over a decade LA Chandlar has been "living" in 1930s New York City. As a writer of historical fiction, she has researched and experienced the secrets of NYC in the era of The Great Depression, gangsters, and the age of innovation. From The Empire State Building to Rockefeller Center, to the secret entrance of a legendary speakeasy, Laurie weaves together engaging and enlightening lectures about the greatest city in the world.
- NYC History (60 minutes): Discover the fantastic history of NYC from its inception to the present. Most importantly, find out how we are all part of a bigger story of creativity and the rich history of risk-taking, as we work in NYC.
Seasonal Lecture: The History of Holiday Traditions
An inspiring lecture full of vintage photographs and videos of the unknown history of Christmas and Hanukkah Traditions. From stockings to trees to Santa Claus to menorahs and dreidels, LA Chandlar takes her audiences on a journey to discover the real people and the stories behind the legends and traditions. Stops along the way include 4th century Turkey, New York City at the end of the Civil War, and the French countryside in a moment of peace during WWI. Whether you celebrate the holiday or not, men and women find this history captivating. Laurie uses a modern multimedia experience to take her audience on an ancient journey of discovery.
- The History of Holiday Traditions (45 minutes)